in the Northeast US area are available to NEIFT Corporate members at no charge.
Non-Corporate members will be charged a nominal fee of $30 per listing/for a 3 month period
Contact Shirley at (207) 839-3064 for more information
List your Career Opportunity HERE!
Students Available for Internships!
|3/9/2020||Quality Control Technician (3 positions)|
Our Quality team is responsible for the overall quality for The Town Dock. We are looking to hire three people to add to our team. These positions report to the Senior Director of Quality Assurance and Product Development and work with a team of Technicians and a Quality Control Coordinator within the department. These new positions will be responsible for monitoring operations in the Narragansett and Johnston facilities for Good Manufacturing Practices, for conducting product quality assessments, and completing reports and other quality and regulatory documentation.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Ideal candidate will have:
Compensation depends on skill and experience.
Apply to Shannon Sweeney Saunders, SSweeneySaunders@towndock.com
|Beverly, MA||Anticipated Schedule: M-F 9:00 am to 5:00 pm reporting to our Beverly, MA location
Prova offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits including full medical and dental insurance, generous 401K pension plan, 5 weeks+ paid time off and much more…
Prova is a thriving global flavor company headquartered in Paris France. Our US headquarters is in Beverly, Massachusetts. We are looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic Regulatory Specialist to regulatory and quality assurance support and expertise, with a focus on responding to customer requests for product documentation.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES • Independently prepare customer documentation to satisfy customer requests. This function requires knowledge of specific customer, US FDA Food/Flavor & State Regulations, quality assurance and select international regulations. Specific documents include: Customer Questionnaires, Natural Certification, FDA/FEMA-GRAS Certifications, Allergen, Food Grade, and GMO Certification, Continuing Food Guarantee, Certificate of Insurance, Country of Origin, Nutritional, Organic, Kosher, Halal, Country Permissibility and other appropriate documents. • Represent Prova’s Regulatory concerns in cross-functional teams to provide strategic regulatory compliance advice working closely with Sales, Operations, Product Development, and Applications. • Review new and existing products and documentation, ensuring compliance with FDA, CFIA, LATAM and other global regions of distribution. • Review formulas to determine if they meet government, industry, customer and company guidelines for regulatory compliance. In cases of potential non-compliance, work with Prova SAS in making necessary modifications. • Review changes to formulations and raw materials to determine the impact on current documentation. • Assist customers, flavorists, applications, sales and operations with regulatory and quality assurance issues and customer requirements. • Research, monitor and provide recommendations on emerging topics as they relate to food safety, labeling and regulatory. • Identify tools, process improvements, along with new protocols and policies to ensure compliance with FSMA and all regulatory guidelines. • Actively participate and represent Prova Inc. at FEMA meetings and events as determined by management • Support Product Development and Supply Chain through alerts or training to increase awareness on regulations that affect their product categories. • Support Customer Service with product complaints relating to product safety or compliance.
• College degree (B.S.) in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry, Nutrition, Pharmaceutical or related fields • Extensive knowledge of flavor / food / dietary supplements or pharmaceutical regulations, with 2 or more years of industry experience in regulatory, quality assurance or similar function to address compliance with regulatory guidelines, labeling and product claims • Ideal candidate will have knowledge of regulatory guidelines, labeling and product claims as they relate globally. • Experience working with detailed project management timelines; strong prioritization skills. • Capable of handling multiple tasks and working in a fast-paced environment. • Able to work independently and make recommendations and decisions. Willing to take challenges, hardworking, self-motivated and dependable. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel along with the ability to learn other systems as needed.
This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Amanda Ingemi, Director of HR at
|3/6/2020||Quality Assurance Associate|
Act as a model, coach, guide and teacher of food safety and quality standards, reinforcing our Good Manufacturing Practices with production, warehouse and other team members.
• Support operations teams with quality issues, including contributing to the investigation and decision making on non-conformance incidents as a “triangle team” member.
• Work collaboratively with QA Technicians to support daily activities. Back up lab staff to cover time off, unplanned needs and critical priorities.
• Prepare quality plans and specifications for new products, design and supervise qualification testing and parameters for trials of products, equipment and processes.
• Coordinate and perform the regular review and audit to conformance on various quality and food safety management programs such as Hold/Release, Food Defense, Traceability, Pest Control, Sanitation, and Product Realization.
• Work collaboratively with the Process Engineer, Maintenance Leads, Operation Leads and R&D in the design, development and deployment of process improvements and new product development.
• Develop and deliver training curriculum for QA Technicians and Production team members.
• Coordinate and support the completion of investigations of non-conformance events, root cause analysis, corrective actions and verification of effectiveness. Support the administration of the Intelex CAPA program, including assignment of workflow and coaching/training of team members.
• In partnership with the Purchasing Manager, represent the QA Team on supplier audits and manages supplier qualification and certification. Support the maintenance of raw material and supplier documentation. Perform regular review and reporting on supplier quality performance.
• Calculate and report on the cost of quality for incidents, inspection and other internal causes.
• Act as tactical quality analyst for review of contract manufacturing partners.
• Lead cross-functional project teams for continuous improvement, including Kaizen events, value stream mapping and FMEA exercises.
|Beverly, MA||Prova is a thriving global extract and flavor company headquartered in Paris, France. Our US headquarters is in the northeast US. We have exciting plans for growth in this position and in the US team, overall. We are building out a new US headquarters, including a greatly expanded applications kitchen and lab and flavorist lab.
We are looking for a hands-on and experienced Senior Flavorist to work with a team of Flavorists and Application Technologists focused on delivering global and regional flavor innovation.
PROVA offers a rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth. This is a unique opportunity to expand your knowledge, learn together, grow this department, share your expertise, and help us build out our Flavorist capabilities in North America. Your contributions will have a positive impact, enabling Prova US to provide customers with great tasting products and healthy options for all global markets.
Reports to: General Manager, U.S. with dotted line responsibilities to Corporate Director of R&D
• Create flavor and taste modification compounds for PROVA US to drive success with both customer and internally-driven projects. Using a “customer first” approach, will meet project goals and deliver winning taste profiles to customers while meeting their cost targets. • Work closely with our applications team, regulatory and manufacturing to drive the global and regional product success and to deliver safe, legal, stable and consistent flavors to our customers. • Maintain up-to-date knowledge base with the flavor regulatory, raw material, and industry landscape and challenges; • Successfully transition from bench top prototypes to large scale commercialization in support of global and regional growth initiatives. Understand technical roadmaps, hurdles and key challenges. Final flavors are manufacturing-friendly and sustainable within the PROVA system. • In conjunction with local and France-based Procurement, interface and build strategic sourcing networks and effective working relationships with vendors; • Provide technical expertise and support to other functional groups within the company such as Quality, Commercialization Engineers, Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sensory and Regulatory
• B.S. or M.S. (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Food Science or related discipline with a minimum of 7 years’ experience working with ingredients and creating flavors in the flavor industry • Certified Flavor Chemist (SOFC or equivalent) strongly preferred • Deep knowledge in all aspects of flavors and flavor application for different food and beverage systems. Demonstrate strong technical skills, specifically in the creation and optimization of flavors, under varying processing conditions.
• A proven track record in flavor development and hands-on bench capability; successful creation and commercialization of flavors and an in-depth knowledge of, natural extracts, aroma chemicals and essential oils. • Ability to collaborate with an international team, with strong communication and leadership skills
Prova offers a competitive annual salary and excellent benefits including full medical and dental insurance (no deductible), generous 401K Pension plan, 5 weeks+ paid time off and much more…
Occasional travel for training, trade shows, or sales visits and occasional trips to Prova HQ in
Proficiency in French is most definitely a benefit but not required.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Amanda Ingemi, Director of HR, at email@example.com
|2/23/2020||Senior Regulatory Specialist|
Prova offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits including full medical and dental insurance, generous 401K Pension plan, 5 weeks+ paid time off and much more…
The primary responsibilities of this role are to implement and manage flavor regulatory and quality-related activities for Prova Inc, the US headquarters of Prova, a global flavor company based in Paris, France. Procedures and documentation are in accordance with US FDA/FEMA guidelines, customer specific guidelines and various international regulations. This position will represent Prova US’s Regulatory efforts in cross-functional teams and to communicate with management to maintain legal compliance and integrity for the company.
• Oversee Prova’s Regulatory and QA department including one Regulatory Specialist • Partner with Prova France’s Regulatory and QA teams to direct, explain and provide strategy on US regulations as they differ from those of the EU, LATAM, APAC and other regions. • Design, implement and manage programs, policies and practices to ensure that all Prova, Inc. products are sold in compliance with applicable company policies and federal, state and local regulatory requirements both domestically and for select international markets. • Represent Regulatory in cross-functional teams to provide strategic regulatory compliance advice working closely with Sales, Operations, Product Development, and Applications. • Review new and existing products and documentation, ensuring compliance with FDA, CFIA, LATAM and other global regions of distribution. • Coordinate, prepare and review regulatory documents/certifications required for domestic and/or international projects (i.e. Specification Sheets, Safety Data Sheets (SOS), Flavor/Fragrance Allergens, GMO, Organic, Natural, IFRA, Country of origin, FSMA, GRAS, Kosher, Nutritional, Formula Disclosure, etc.) • Review formulas to determine if they meet government, industry, customer and company guidelines for regulatory compliance. In cases of potential non-compliance, work with Prova SAS in making necessary modifications. • Review changes to formulations and raw materials to determine the impact on current documentation and customer base. • Coordinate TTB formula submissions and FIDS with Prova SAS. • Assist customers, flavorists, applications, sales and operations with regulatory issues and customer requirements. • Actively participate in FEMA activities as determined by Management.
• Identify areas of improvement and increased efficiency. • Provide technical support and instruction to lower level professional personnel as required.
• College degree (B.S.) in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry, Nutrition or related fields • Minimum of 8 years of experience in flavor regulatory compliance or related field. • This position has detailed knowledge in regulatory issues and interpretation of regulations and legal affairs. Knowledge of basic chemistry and mathematics essential. • Proficient in computer applications, including database management, spreadsheet creation, and internet navigation skills, and scientific/technical writing skills. • Must be skilled in analytical thinking, highly organized, well equipped for changing tasks, and an independent worker. • Maintain high quality work for Prova, Inc. and in consequence, for our customers. This requires that all work meets on time service levels. • Must be a team player, excellent communication and capable of working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Amanda Ingemi, Director of HR at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
|2/13/2020||Quality Assurance Technician, Second Shift|
For more info and to apply HERE
|2/5/2020||Blount Fine Foods Food Technologist II|
|Fall River, MA||
Working with a cross-departmental team (including but not limited to R&D, QA, QC, & Operations) the Food Technologist is responsible for designing and implementing products, processes, specifications, and testing methodology for multiple corporate sites. In event of absence this position will filled by another member of the Technical Services Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience
For info go to www.blountjobs.com
|12/10/2019||Quality Control/Assurance Department Lead|
|Brockton, MA|| Cindy’s Kitchen is a fast growing manufacturer of high end, premium refrigerated salad dressings, dips and sauces.
We are family and founder owned and have been in business for over 22 years.
We are looking for a seasoned and experienced quality control manager to lead all aspects of our quality department.
We have a 60,000 square foot state of the art facility in Brockton, MA just south of Boston with over 150 full time employees, no temps.
We have a singular focus and niche in our industry with a pristine reputation and a nationwide reach.
Please call 508-588-2905 or email email@example.com today to set up an interview.
1. B.S. degree in Food Science or Food Technology and 1-2 years Food Product Development
More info and application
Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for supporting the Plant’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control Department in establishing, implementing and monitoring Food Safety and Quality programs at the Quality Control Center ("QCC"). This is a hands-on position with majority of the time spent on the production floor during plant production hours. This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance & Food Safety.
Key responsibilities may include:
Performing pre and/or post operational inspections Collecting samples for quality control both internally and for a third party lab Performing environmental swabbing Performing calibration checks, including but not limited to thermometers, scale and other lab/plant and process monitoring devices Performing in-line checks for food safety and quality Performing Quality Control checks on products, including physical,chemical and sensory evaluation Assisting in Food Safety Audits of the QCC, training of employees, tracking and trending of data, documenting control initiatives, monitoring of GMP and other Food Safety controls Performing other tasks as directed by department management
Skills and Competencies:
Spanish or Vietnamese language highly preferred Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Ability to create and modify spreadsheets Ability to multi-task and communicate with personnel of all levels and cultural backgrounds Able to work under pressure and adapt quickly to changes and in a very fast paced environment
HACCP Certified or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment Experience or certification in implementing a GFSI program highly preferred Environmental Working Conditions:
Adaptable to changes in schedule
Link for application
Brady Enterprises, Inc. is a manufacturer of custom dry mix and powdered food products. In addition to our branded product lines of Bell’s Stuffing and Bar-Tender’s Cocktail Mixes; we are the co-manufacturing choice of Fortune 500 Companies including Hershey, Lipton, Unilever, Kraft and McCormick. At Brady Enterprises, we are 100% committed to delivering superior quality, leading the way in co-manufacturing technologies, and providing personal, hands-on service.
|8/19/2019||Quality Assurance Manager|
T. Marzetti is looking for an individual to lead the Technical function at their Chatham Village plant in Wareham, MA. We are looking for someone not only with incredible experience in QA/Food Safety, but who is also adept at building, leading and growing their team. This position leads the plant in assessing food safety and quality related to all aspects of the facility. Leads and participates in initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. As a key member of the plant management team, assists the plant manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to all employees. The Quality Assurance Manager will participate/lead projects in conjunction with Corporate QA/Food Safety management. Quality Assurance Manager may leads/participate in initiatives to develop new products or improve existing products and processes for CV. This may involve working with suppliers, customers and corporate technical teams.
This position may be directly responsible for sanitation of the facility; leading a team of associates to assure the plant’s sanitation meets corporate as well as industry standards.
• Manages a staff of technical professionals and sanitation associates that may include Quality Assurance Analysts and Technicians.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
• Makes recommendations and decisions involving food safety issues and quality issues having significant potential business impact to corporate and plant management.
• Develops and implements programs, policies, procedures, and work instructions for quality and food safety assessment and improvement in line with T. Marzetti Corporate standards (as well as GFSI standards).
• Coordinates plant quality and food safety audits (internal and third party). Works with plant manager to assign audit responsibilities to various members of the plant team.
• Serves as a key technical resource in plant and as a liaison between corporate R&D, Tech Services and plant operations. Interfaces with customers and suppliers as needed for technical initiatives.
• Resolves non-conformance issues/quality problems at plant facilities, warehouses, and in the market. Works with plant management team to develop corrective action plans and communicates plans to QA management, sales, marketing, and the customer as appropriate.
• Recommends and/or develops orientation and training programs for quality, food safety, GMP training. Assist members of the plant team in training as appropriate. Trains and instructs plant employees in recommended quality assurance testing and general housekeeping practices and advises on equipment sanitation; confirms these procedures are being maintained.
• Reports on key Quality Indicators to plant and corporate management. Responds to all customer/consumer food safety issues through vendors or customer service
• Develops new products or modifies existing products/processes and coordinates plant introduction. Inputs and maintains Pathway database on assigned projects being lead at the plant level (ingredients/formulas/processes)
• Directly supervises 4-10 QA technicians or analysts. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
• BS or BA degree in food science, food engineering, microbiology, chemistry, or other similar science related field.
• Lean Six Sigma Experience. Green Belt Certification desired. Some Product development experienced desirable.
• Five plus years of experience as a quality assurance supervisor/manager in a food related industry.
• Must be able to lead projects/people, motivate associates and proactively anticipate and address issues
Directly supervises 4-10 QA technicians or analysts. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
Works in a laboratory and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, climb, crouch, lift, reach, grasp and bend while moving about the facility. Requires some lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment and product cases. Must be able to stand for an 8 – 10 hour shift (sometimes longer) with regular breaks while performing repetitive tasks. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee may be exposed to non-ambient temperatures, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment, and handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals. The noise level in the lab is moderate and loud in the plant. Ear protection, eye/face protection, hair/beard nets, steel-toed/slip-resistant shoes, and gloves are required as necessary in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.
Purpose: Implement and improve Quality Assurance and Food Safety practices and policies throughout the Plant and help align the organization to achieve these standards. Assist with overall supervision of QC Technicians to ensure that resource allocation is consistent with Production and Customer needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires seasonal off-shift and weekend work for training and Department coverage purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Hans Kissle takes pride in its people and product. We strongly believe in our philosophy to uphold the highest level of integrity in everything we do. Each employee is expected to understand and act appropriately per our philosophy and policies. This job description reflects essential functions assigned by management which are subject to change at any time.
|7/16/2019||R&D Manager - Food Science|
The R&D Manager will be responsible of all phases of product development. Our brand delivers high quality, better-for-you, convenient frozen seafood entrees in the frozen isle in Grocers around the country. As a high growth company, we must remain the leaders of innovation for frozen seafood entrees.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
|6/4/2019||Quality Technician 2nd shift|
The Quality Technician is responsible for assisting in development and implementation of a quality control/quality assurance program in accordance with GFSI food safety/security standards, FDA and State regulations and requirements.
|5/22/2019||R&D Bakery Technician-Hourly|
Key R&D Responsibilities
Education, Experience, and Skills
1. Proactivity, persistency, attention to detail, strong record keeping skills, and flexibility are a must.
|2/13/2019||East Coast Sales Mgr.|
|Commercial Creamery is looking for an East Coast Sales Mgr. This position is home based and requires 50% travel. This is an entry level position and requires a college degree. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.|
|2/11/2019||Master Production Planner|
The Master Production Planner is responsible for using available planning systems to convert sales forecasts and customer orders into achievable finished goods production schedules to deliver inventory, service level, and efficiency targets. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining production metrics, raw material forecasts, production-oriented master data, and item documentation. Works closely with Manufacturing Management, Warehouse, Purchasing, Sales, R&D, and QA.
Education, Experience, Skills
Apply to HR2@stonewallkitchen.com
career opportunities | executive board | corporate members | news | upcoming events | join us | food industry expo | home
© NEIFT 2003-2006