||Senior Regulatory Specialist
Prova offers a competitive annual salary with excellent benefits including full medical and dental insurance, generous 401K Pension plan, 5 weeks+ paid time off and much more…
The primary responsibilities of this role are to implement and manage flavor regulatory and quality-related activities for Prova Inc, the US headquarters of Prova, a global flavor company based in Paris, France. Procedures and documentation are in accordance with US FDA/FEMA guidelines, customer specific guidelines and various international regulations. This position will represent Prova US’s Regulatory efforts in cross-functional teams and to communicate with management to maintain legal compliance and integrity for the company.
• Oversee Prova’s Regulatory and QA department including one Regulatory Specialist • Partner with Prova France’s Regulatory and QA teams to direct, explain and provide strategy on US regulations as they differ from those of the EU, LATAM, APAC and other regions. • Design, implement and manage programs, policies and practices to ensure that all Prova, Inc. products are sold in compliance with applicable company policies and federal, state and local regulatory requirements both domestically and for select international markets. • Represent Regulatory in cross-functional teams to provide strategic regulatory compliance advice working closely with Sales, Operations, Product Development, and Applications. • Review new and existing products and documentation, ensuring compliance with FDA, CFIA, LATAM and other global regions of distribution. • Coordinate, prepare and review regulatory documents/certifications required for domestic and/or international projects (i.e. Specification Sheets, Safety Data Sheets (SOS), Flavor/Fragrance Allergens, GMO, Organic, Natural, IFRA, Country of origin, FSMA, GRAS, Kosher, Nutritional, Formula Disclosure, etc.) • Review formulas to determine if they meet government, industry, customer and company guidelines for regulatory compliance. In cases of potential non-compliance, work with Prova SAS in making necessary modifications. • Review changes to formulations and raw materials to determine the impact on current documentation and customer base. • Coordinate TTB formula submissions and FIDS with Prova SAS. • Assist customers, flavorists, applications, sales and operations with regulatory issues and customer requirements. • Actively participate in FEMA activities as determined by Management.
• Identify areas of improvement and increased efficiency. • Provide technical support and instruction to lower level professional personnel as required.
• College degree (B.S.) in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry, Nutrition or related fields • Minimum of 8 years of experience in flavor regulatory compliance or related field. • This position has detailed knowledge in regulatory issues and interpretation of regulations and legal affairs. Knowledge of basic chemistry and mathematics essential. • Proficient in computer applications, including database management, spreadsheet creation, and internet navigation skills, and scientific/technical writing skills. • Must be skilled in analytical thinking, highly organized, well equipped for changing tasks, and an independent worker. • Maintain high quality work for Prova, Inc. and in consequence, for our customers. This requires that all work meets on time service levels. • Must be a team player, excellent communication and capable of working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Amanda Ingemi, Director of HR at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
||Quality Assurance Technician, Second Shift
This job description is not exhaustive and the Company reserves the right to adjust the job description as well as ask employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities. Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law. Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well. All Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. properties are smoke and tobacco free
This individual is responsible to ensure products manufactured at Lindt & Sprüngli (L&S) USA meet or exceed L&S standards for quality, food safety, and regulatory compliance.
This is accomplished by developing, following and improving upon established audit processes, policies and procedures. Also, the position is responsible for interpreting and enforcing policies to make ad hoc decisions in support of quality and food safety. Additionally, this individual is responsible for reviewing documents for compliance, reporting and partnering with all relevant stakeholders including: manufacturing, purchasing, R&D (Research & Development) and QA (Quality Assurance) teams.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Ensure Quality Standards
• Responsible to perform and document production process audits to ensure compliance with L&S Quality and Food Safety Standards.
• Audit and verify production and process paperwork, files and data measuring systems and equipment to ensure compliance.
• Perform inspections on packaging materials, semi-finished and finished products, and manage the results.
• Responsible for making impromptu decisions regarding manufacturing defects, packaging defects, and overall quality issues that arise on a daily basis. Coordinate and implement corrective actions with production or warehouse personnel when necessary.
• Establish, maintain and implement quality standards and new processes and procedures to meet L&S, Quality and Food Safety Standards.
• Partner with all stakeholders in the management of potential (product or process) non-conformances including but not limited to; isolating and securing potentially non-conforming product, following HOLD procedures, investigating the issue, providing a disposition and documenting the entire process for traceability. Perform inspections on all incoming raw materials and monitor procedures to verify compliance with L&S requirements.
• Maintain Sanitation program, regularly audit the cleaning and sanitation practices within the production environment to ensure compliance with L&S Quality and Food Safety Standards.
• Assist with post allergen cleaning, verification and release.
• Assist with the commissioning of new equipment and post maintenance work on existing equipment.
• Ensure all cleaning verification activities are completed and documented as scheduled.
Documentation & Reporting
• Maintain the QA Module and related systems for all inspection/audit records and ensure all product information remains accurate, complete, consistent and timely.
• Provide daily and weekly reports to management.
• Document and communicate quality issues, trend analysis, and provide corrective action for the resolution of quality issues.
• Document and deliver quality and food safety training to operations and QA/R&D personnel as appropriate.
• Adhere to and enhance the plant’s quality and food safety programs. Help meet all standards and requirements including and not limited to AIB, ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act), local and federal regulations as well as the industry’s best practices; help strengthen food safety and quality; identify and solve quality related issues with a direct focus on continuous improvement.
• Provide assistance with QA and R&D related trials and projects as required.
• Cross training in the related Quality positions to assist in backshift receiving and analytical activities. Assist in supporting and backing-up quality and food safety functions.
Lindt Production Way (LPW)
• Participate in LPW pillars and teams and support continuous improvement initiatives as needed.
• Follow LPW methodology (TPM) in order to monitor and report production (PCS) and continuously improve processes in order to reduce defects as defined by LPW and lean methodology using tools such as 5S, 5 Why, Kaizen events etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Preferred: 2 -3 years Quality experience in a food production environment
Skills & Knowledge:
• Proficient in MS office Applications
• Proficient in JDE or other enterprise system preferred.
• Must have solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of quality food safety and regulatory requirements.
• Must be results driven, self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and internal client service orientation.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• BS degree, preferably in Food science or related field
Preferred: Prior experience as quality auditor in a manufacturing environment, Formal training in sanitation / food safety / regulatory, Laboratory experience, Bilingual
• 2nd shift
• Required to work weekends occasionally
• Required to work off shifts occasionally
As a multi-channel, fast-growing consumer goods company, we recognize that in a competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. To create happy and loyal Lindt consumers, we need to hire and retain empowered and results-driven Lindt employees. Our teams are comprised of inspired and dedicated professionals who stretch the boundaries of a typical career experience by living our Core Values and making a difference in our business every day. To learn more about our culture and teams, visit www.Jobs.LindtUSA.com.
Our Core Values:
• Passion For The Best - At Lindt we have pride and passion for what we do – we aspire for excellence in everything.
• In It Together - At Lindt we are one team with a shared purpose – we invest in our relationships and value each other.
• Always Evolving - At Lindt we shape our future – we take opportunities to improve, adapt to change and build on our strengths.
• Make An Impact - At Lindt we take responsibility for driving results – we focus on what matters to deliver on our commitments.
For more info and to apply HERE
||Blount Fine Foods Food Technologist II
|Fall River, MA
Working with a cross-departmental team (including but not limited to R&D, QA, QC, & Operations) the Food Technologist is responsible for designing and implementing products, processes, specifications, and testing methodology for multiple corporate sites. In event of absence this position will filled by another member of the Technical Services Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement shelf-life studies across multiple product lines, including product and packaging performance under various conditions.
• Provide technical solutions for raw materials, finished products, and production issues. This includes researching and/or sourcing, testing, and providing direction through reporting.
• Lead or assist with product renovation and cost savings initiatives, as assigned.
• Lead development of specifications and testing parameters for finished products to support the design, validation and/or modification of product formulations.
• Support the Quality department with the generation of standardized specifications for raw materials, including testing type, frequency, and other technical parameters.
• Participate in SQF certification and other programs related to food safety and quality.
• Maintain and communicate knowledge of current food industry ingredient trends, packaging technology, and processing methods.
• Prepare and present project proposals, as well as document, organize and summarize all project results to present to various cross-functional teams.
• Act as the technical expert for co-packing initiatives to ensure Blount’s product standards are outlines and achieved.
• Provide scale up support to ensure a successful transition to product commercialization (some travel may be required).
• Other responsibilities with similar skill, work conditions, and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University in Food Science or technology field; three or more years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
For info go to www.blountjobs.com
||Quality Control/Assurance Department Lead
|| Cindy’s Kitchen is a fast growing manufacturer of high end, premium refrigerated salad dressings, dips and sauces.
We are family and founder owned and have been in business for over 22 years.
We are looking for a seasoned and experienced quality control manager to lead all aspects of our quality department.
We have a 60,000 square foot state of the art facility in Brockton, MA just south of Boston with over 150 full time employees, no temps.
We have a singular focus and niche in our industry with a pristine reputation and a nationwide reach.
Please call 508-588-2905 or email email@example.com today to set up an interview.
The Food Technologist will play a key role in coordinating the process of new product development from ideation through to full-scale commercialization and Production. This individual will co-lead projects with other staff members in the areas of new product development, line extensions, product/process improvement, quality improvement, cost reductions and problem solving.
1. Co-coordinate the product development process from conception through full production, including development of formulas for new products and product improvements, as well as managing formula modifications and process deviations
2. Assist other staff members in managing and meeting product development timelines by incorporating input from other departments. (Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, Operations, QA)
3. Evaluate new raw materials for vendor qualification through review of ingredient and nutritional specifications, product quality and integrity, testing in application for suitability, and determination of cost-in-use to meet margin targets.
4. Research, evaluate and implement new/improved processing protocols in conjunction with Production and QC.
5. Prepare new product cost analysis and nutrition profiles.
6. Assist with new product process review and update formula changes on registered processes with FDA.
7. Ensure that all products and processes meet quality assurance, safety and risk assessment requirements.
8. Work directly with vendors and suppliers of raw materials to solve product issues and ensure awareness of technical advances and trends for product improvement.
9. Provide data on SWK products for internal and external technical knowledge support needs (e.g., product breakdown, product knowledge database).
10. Research food market trends to ensure development of products strong in market value and brand identity.
11. Maintain daily update of ongoing new product development activities using Basecamp online project management system
12. Co-coordinate bi-weekly sensory panels of potential new in-house manufactured products with Resale Team.
1. Perform other duties assigned
2. Follow all company policies and procedures with regard to safety, quality, sanitation, personnel,
maintenance and equipment, including food safety.
Education, Experience, and Skills
1. B.S. degree in Food Science or Food Technology and 1-2 years Food Product Development
9. Experienced using Microsoft Office Suite programs, especially Excel spreadsheets. Proficient using Genesis nutritional software.
experience. Culinary experience/education extremely beneficial.
2. Better Process Control School certified within the past 3 years.
3. Experience with production of jams, jellies, condiments, sauces strongly preferred.
4. Strong knowledge and understanding of thermal processing of acidic and acidified foods; pH, brix, and viscosity measurement and modification; water activity; use of pectins, gums and starches (and other functional ingredients); govt. regs. and labeling; experimental design; nutritional science; sensory analysis; safety and sanitation; HACCP.
5. Experienced in the use of laboratory processing and analytical equipment.
6. Ability to develop food/formula preparations within Sales and Production guidelines.
7. Experienced in writing percent-based laboratory formulas using metric weights.
8. Strong written and verbal communication, analytical, math and organizational skills.
More info and application
Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for supporting the Plant’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control Department in establishing, implementing and monitoring Food Safety and Quality programs at the Quality Control Center ("QCC"). This is a hands-on position with majority of the time spent on the production floor during plant production hours. This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance & Food Safety.
Key responsibilities may include:
Performing pre and/or post operational inspections Collecting samples for quality control both internally and for a third party lab Performing environmental swabbing Performing calibration checks, including but not limited to thermometers, scale and other lab/plant and process monitoring devices Performing in-line checks for food safety and quality Performing Quality Control checks on products, including physical,chemical and sensory evaluation Assisting in Food Safety Audits of the QCC, training of employees, tracking and trending of data, documenting control initiatives, monitoring of GMP and other Food Safety controls Performing other tasks as directed by department management
Skills and Competencies:
Spanish or Vietnamese language highly preferred Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Ability to create and modify spreadsheets Ability to multi-task and communicate with personnel of all levels and cultural backgrounds Able to work under pressure and adapt quickly to changes and in a very fast paced environment
Minimum Education and Training:
HACCP Certified or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment Experience or certification in implementing a GFSI program highly preferred Environmental Working Conditions:
Adaptable to changes in schedule
Able to stand prolonged hours, seafood environment, cold and hot temperatures, wet and damp environments Able to lift up 50 lbs.
Flexible to work early morning hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed to support plant operations
Become a part of a family run business that prides itself on providing a great employee experience!
Link for application
Brady Enterprises, Inc. is a manufacturer of custom dry mix and powdered food products. In addition to our branded product lines of Bell’s Stuffing and Bar-Tender’s Cocktail Mixes; we are the co-manufacturing choice of Fortune 500 Companies including Hershey, Lipton, Unilever, Kraft and McCormick. At Brady Enterprises, we are 100% committed to delivering superior quality, leading the way in co-manufacturing technologies, and providing personal, hands-on service.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, team-oriented Food Scientist to join our R&D team in East Weymouth, MA. The ideal candidate will be a high energy hands-on developer who is able to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere. The candidate will be responsible for developing innovative new products and enhancing existing products. A strong background in bench top formulating and knowledge of ingredients and functionality is required. The candidate must also have a strong network of suppliers and vendors to call on for assistance. Culinary knowledge and a working knowledge of powdered beverages, sweeteners, spices, sauces, dressing, and baking mixes is a plus. Ability to formulate at bench and scale up to full production is critical. This role supports the R&D team and reports directly to the R&D Director.
• Assist with the creation and development of marketing materials (sell sheets, sales presentations, websites, press releases etc.) Ability to independently formulate on the benchtop and execute lab related work activities that support the development of new products, line extensions, and quality improvement.
• Ability to create new or reverse engineer a wide variety of both wet and dry formulas including beverages, seasonings, soups, gravies, marinades, rubs, snack seasonings, and more.
• Identify and assess food ingredients from vendors that are in compliance with established quality assurance standards for appropriate and differentiated use in and across the product portfolio.
• Proactively apply scientific knowledge and technical skills to business issues and opportunities and ensures that all proper documentation is done accurately and on time.
• Ability to support the scale up, first production, and quality assurance practices of developed products through the commercialization process.
• Support the creation of product specifications ensuring that all formulas, manufacturing procedures, nutritional and regulatory compliance on all packaging and labels are met along with meeting Brady’s product safety and product quality standards.
• Provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, and external customers in the areas of product features and benefits, product solutions, and ingredient functionality.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in food science, engineering, or related field of science from an accredited college or university.
• 5-8 years of relevant work experience, with strong understanding of food chemistry, food quality and safety, and food regulations.
• Working knowledge of powdered beverages, sweeteners, flavors, and other functional ingredients.
• Knowledge of industry suppliers in variety of areas with strong network of industry contacts.
• Ability to formulate recipes and write specifications with minimal guidance.
• Self-motivator with a strong passion for science and creative problem solving.
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneous while adhering to deadlines
• Strong time management, writing, and communication skills
• Proven experience in buildings relationships with customers, stakeholders, and team members
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Proficient in basic computer programs including Microsoft Office programs.
We offer excellent wages, generous benefits including paid holidays, vacation, 401k with company match, health, dental, disability and life insurance. Casual Friday Every Day!
• There is no relocation allowance for this position.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for extended periods
• Must be responsible for Food Safety
Apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
||Quality Assurance Manager
T. Marzetti is looking for an individual to lead the Technical function at their Chatham Village plant in Wareham, MA. We are looking for someone not only with incredible experience in QA/Food Safety, but who is also adept at building, leading and growing their team. This position leads the plant in assessing food safety and quality related to all aspects of the facility. Leads and participates in initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. As a key member of the plant management team, assists the plant manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to all employees. The Quality Assurance Manager will participate/lead projects in conjunction with Corporate QA/Food Safety management. Quality Assurance Manager may leads/participate in initiatives to develop new products or improve existing products and processes for CV. This may involve working with suppliers, customers and corporate technical teams.
This position may be directly responsible for sanitation of the facility; leading a team of associates to assure the plant’s sanitation meets corporate as well as industry standards.
• Manages a staff of technical professionals and sanitation associates that may include Quality Assurance Analysts and Technicians.
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
• Makes recommendations and decisions involving food safety issues and quality issues having significant potential business impact to corporate and plant management.
• Develops and implements programs, policies, procedures, and work instructions for quality and food safety assessment and improvement in line with T. Marzetti Corporate standards (as well as GFSI standards).
• Coordinates plant quality and food safety audits (internal and third party). Works with plant manager to assign audit responsibilities to various members of the plant team.
• Serves as a key technical resource in plant and as a liaison between corporate R&D, Tech Services and plant operations. Interfaces with customers and suppliers as needed for technical initiatives.
• Resolves non-conformance issues/quality problems at plant facilities, warehouses, and in the market. Works with plant management team to develop corrective action plans and communicates plans to QA management, sales, marketing, and the customer as appropriate.
• Recommends and/or develops orientation and training programs for quality, food safety, GMP training. Assist members of the plant team in training as appropriate. Trains and instructs plant employees in recommended quality assurance testing and general housekeeping practices and advises on equipment sanitation; confirms these procedures are being maintained.
• Reports on key Quality Indicators to plant and corporate management. Responds to all customer/consumer food safety issues through vendors or customer service
• Develops new products or modifies existing products/processes and coordinates plant introduction. Inputs and maintains Pathway database on assigned projects being lead at the plant level (ingredients/formulas/processes)
• Directly supervises 4-10 QA technicians or analysts. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
• BS or BA degree in food science, food engineering, microbiology, chemistry, or other similar science related field.
• Lean Six Sigma Experience. Green Belt Certification desired. Some Product development experienced desirable.
• Five plus years of experience as a quality assurance supervisor/manager in a food related industry.
• Must be able to lead projects/people, motivate associates and proactively anticipate and address issues
Directly supervises 4-10 QA technicians or analysts. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
Works in a laboratory and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, climb, crouch, lift, reach, grasp and bend while moving about the facility. Requires some lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment and product cases. Must be able to stand for an 8 – 10 hour shift (sometimes longer) with regular breaks while performing repetitive tasks. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee may be exposed to non-ambient temperatures, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment, and handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals. The noise level in the lab is moderate and loud in the plant. Ear protection, eye/face protection, hair/beard nets, steel-toed/slip-resistant shoes, and gloves are required as necessary in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.
To apply use this link
Purpose: Implement and improve Quality Assurance and Food Safety practices and policies throughout the Plant and help align the organization to achieve these standards. Assist with overall supervision of QC Technicians to ensure that resource allocation is consistent with Production and Customer needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership: Representing and modeling Quality Assurance and Food Safety principles at all times; ensuring QC Technicians are following all necessary protocols (eg, SQF, HACCP, FSMA, SOP’s) and resolving cross-functional operational issues.
Systems Orientation: deep understanding of all required systems, practices, and SOP’s, with a requirement to apply and improve them.
Decision-Making: Collaborating and communicating decisions (and the reasons behind them) in a timely manner in order to support Production and Customer needs; signing off on HACCP documentation.
Line and Product Knowledge: Full understanding of day-to-day operations in order to conduct line checks and HACCP checks; hosting USDA inspection personnel when on site as needed.
Observation: Regular presence throughout the Plant to have real-time knowledge of ongoing Production and QC Lab operations.
This role requires seasonal off-shift and weekend work for training and Department coverage purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
English: Ability to read and speak English fluently
Team Player: Proven ability to work in a team and to collaborate with others. Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation,
and team-building skills
Food Safety Certified (HACCP and/or SQF and/or FSMA QI)
Software Skills: Intermediate level skills in email, Excel, and Word
QC/QA Experience: 2-4 yrs experience in a quality leadership role in food manufacturing
Degree: BS in Food Science preferred or equivalent by academic or industrial training
Lab/Office (50%): basic lab tests and product evaluations while standing up; computer work while sitting down Plant (50%): refrigerated (40F) and wet environment Some lifting/bending
Supervisory/Managerial basic skills
Attention to Detail: Must be thorough and accurate with every detail of the job, especially with numbers and SOP’s Conflict Management: Must be able to handle cross-functional differences of opinion, and to reach resolution Continual Improvement Orientation: Must be able to learn systems quickly, and be able to generate improvement ideas
Hans Kissle takes pride in its people and product. We strongly believe in our philosophy to uphold the highest level of integrity in everything we do. Each employee is expected to understand and act appropriately per our philosophy and policies. This job description reflects essential functions assigned by management which are subject to change at any time.
Candidates should apply to email@example.com
||R&D Manager - Food Science
The R&D Manager will be responsible of all phases of product development. Our brand delivers high quality, better-for-you, convenient frozen seafood entrees in the frozen isle in Grocers around the country. As a high growth company, we must remain the leaders of innovation for frozen seafood entrees.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all stages of product development, from ideation to manufacturing
• Must understand and work within constraints of mass food production
• Must work on tight deadlines, speed to shelf very important
• Must think different. Our approach to the frozen isle is a bit different – our current and new items must reflect that.
• Meticulously record all tests and all pertinent analytical information
• Monitor and research culinary trends, manufacturing processes, and innovations on an ongoing basis to continue to bring new ideas to the team
• Ensure that nutrition guard rails and other criteria are maintained in the development process
• Calculate costing of ingredients such that products are developed within targeted cost range
• Must be able to improve quality, taste, and cost on current items
• Lead and participate in product tasting and plant trials of new products
• Package labeling conforming to FDA requirements
• Run sensory/consumer panels as needed
• Assist in the production of product samples for internal and external requests
• Manage individual project timelines and deliverables, and support wider project direction and deadlines
• Perform other administrative or project tasks as needed
• Must work full time at our headquarters in Auburn, ME.
• B.S. degree in Food Science or Culinary Arts
• R&D experience for food CPG
• Microsoft Office competency
• Well developed interpersonal/communication skills
• Occasional travel to manufacturing facilities
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Must have a passion for food and an affinity for Seafood
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
||Quality Technician 2nd shift
The Quality Technician is responsible for assisting in development and implementation of a quality control/quality assurance program in accordance with GFSI food safety/security standards, FDA and State regulations and requirements.
1. Responsible for inspection of incoming raw ingredients and materials to determine acceptability based on approved company specifications and HACCP/Preventative Controls Program.
2. Conduct daily operational inspections ensuring compliance with company procedures, GFSI, CCP’s, PRP’s, GMP’s, SOP’s, SSOP’s and regulatory requirements. Conduct and report environmental and sanitation validations. Record data and maintain QA compliance records.
3. Responsible for evaluation and testing of intermediate processes and final product compliance results with documentation and communication of all finish product release dispositions and raw ingredient quality decisions during production preparation and production batching. Maintain calibration of QA, R & D and Production equipment.
4. Conduct and promote food safety compliance and education to manufacturing and other operational departments.
5. Participate and assist in verification audits, Process Improvements and Corrective Actions.
6. Assist Quality Supervisor in implementation of the HACCP/Preventive Controls and monitoring for compliance.
7. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week or adjust hours periodically as business needs require.
1. Minimum of 2-year degree in food technology, culinary, food processing, food manufacturing, quality or equivalent certification of experience. Experience preferred in Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment with knowledge of FDA, 3rd party and State regulations and requirements.
2. Computer and analytical skills. Written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
3. The ability to embrace change, work in a team environment and can-do attitude a must.
4. Must be able to work independently.
Apply through email@example.com
||R&D Bakery Technician-Hourly
The R&D Bakery Technician provides support to the R&D Director in the development and implementation of new products and formula revisions, including cost reductions, from concept to commercialization including all relevant support documents.
Key R&D Responsibilities
1. Assist in the development of new products and reformulations from bench to production startup.
2. Responsible for the preparation of customer samples from bench to shipping.
3. Preparation and baking of development samples.
4. Maintain lab inventory of all necessary ingredients and ingredient samples including customer retains
5. Assist in the sourcing of new or alternate ingredients.
5. Maintain clean, orderly, and sanitary conditions in the R&D Lab.
6. Follow all company policies and procedures with regard to Safe, Quality Food Manufacturing methods and standards.
7. Assist on other projects as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills
1. Proactivity, persistency, attention to detail, strong record keeping skills, and flexibility are a must.
2. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
3. Good math skills are essential. Must have strong problem solving capabilities.
4. Proficient in Excel and Word. Knowledge of SAP and Genesis Nutrition software programs are a strong positive.
5. Some college in Food Science or related area is a strong positive .
6. Experience baking in a professional capacity is a strong positive.
7. Strong record keeping skill with attention to detail.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
||East Coast Sales Mgr.
||Commercial Creamery is looking for an East Coast Sales Mgr. This position is home based and requires 50% travel. This is an entry level position and requires a college degree. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
||Master Production Planner
The Master Production Planner is responsible for using available planning systems to convert sales forecasts and customer orders into achievable finished goods production schedules to deliver inventory, service level, and efficiency targets. This role is also responsible for developing and maintaining production metrics, raw material forecasts, production-oriented master data, and item documentation. Works closely with Manufacturing Management, Warehouse, Purchasing, Sales, R&D, and QA.
1. Prepare, communicate, and maintain:
a. Annual production, inventory, and capacity plans
b. Monthly master production schedules and capacity plans
c. Weekly finite production schedules and resource plans
d. Daily production orders
2. Incorporate business requirements into production plans including:
a. Food safety and compliance requirements
b. Capacity and sequencing constraints
c. Lead time
d. Production efficiency
f. New product launches
3. Develop and maintain forecasts for raw materials and packaging components based on the MPS
4. Work with Manufacturing Management to develop and implement production metrics, standards of performance, systems and procedures relating to production efficiencies.
5. Participate in weekly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings by providing critical reports, information, escalations, or trade-offs for discussion
6. Work with R&D to develop new and existing product cost analyses for executive review
7. Oversee the bill of material formulation and production item documentation function to ensure accurate BOM, item master setup, and planning parameters.
8. Assist IS in the development & implementation of Material Planning processes in Navision, including recommendations for on-going modifications/improvements to ensure effectiveness of the system.
1. Champion on-going cross-functional communication to ensure proper flow of information
2. Propose and implement continuous improvements in planning systems and processes
3. Follow all company safety policies and procedures, including food safety.
4. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week as business needs require
5. Perform other job duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills
1. BA in business, industrial management or materials; APICS CPIM certification preferred; MBA a plus
2. 5-7 years progressive experience in manufacturing planning/inventory management, experience in MRP systems, and cost reduction methodologies
3. Strong communication, negotiation, presentation, anticipation, and interpersonal skills
4. Must be proficient with ERP systems, spreadsheets, analysis, and reporting; advanced Excel skills preferred
5. Must be organized and able to set/deliver leadership priorities in various stages of development
Apply to HR2@stonewallkitchen.com